Thursday, January 21, 2010

How-To Embed a Video

Technologically challenged? I get it! That was me a few weeks ago, before Twitter and my new blog. But I promise you it’s easy and Google will save your life.

Social media has evolved from sending a quick e-mail or instant message to creating an interactive online social network. With all this internet clutter something really has to jump down your throat in order for you to pay attention. This is why creating a blog space that includes videos is so important in the day and age of short attention spans. So if you were able to create your blog your first baby step is over!
Next: Embedding your video.

Here’s how-to:
1. On the right hand side of the YouTube video you will see an About This Video box, with a URL that says 'Embed'.
2. Copy this URL: Drag your mouse over it and right click, then select Copy.
3. Go to your blog and paste the video where you want it to go by right clicking again and selecting Paste.
4. Your done!




That wasn’t so bad, was it? There are so many easy how-to steps in creating your personalized online presence, for other tips on embedding videos, check out these blogs: Ali, Zack, Julie

1 comment:

  1. Great video post Sarah! I watched it yesterday when I was doing my How To blog. I didn't know how to embed my video onto Blogger until I found your blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete